*A note about 23 Things
Edublogs now inserts links to advertisements…if you see something underlined twice, be careful before clicking on it. Thank you to Jean Power for bringing that to our attention!
The links below will take you to each week’s specific lesson.
Week 1: About
1. Please begin by reading this blog & find out about the program.
2. Discover a few pointers from lifelong learners and learn how to nurture your own learning process.
Week 3: Photos & Images
5. Explore Flickr and learn about this popular image hosting site.
6. Have some Flickr fun and discover some Flickr mashups & 3rd party sites.
7. Create a blog post about anything technology related that interests you this week.
Week 4: RSS & Newsreaders
8. Learn about RSS feeds and set up your own Bloglines newsreader account.
9. Locate a few useful library related blogs and/or news feeds.
Week 5: Play Week
10. Play around with with an online image generator.
11. Explore any site from the Web 2.0 awards list, play with it and write a blog post about your findings.
12. Roll your own search toolwith Rollyo.
Week 6: Tagging, Folksonomies & Technorati
13. Learn about tagging and discover Delicious (a social bookmarking site)
14. Explore Technorati and learn how tags work with blog posts.
15. Read a few perspectives on Web 2.0, Library 2.0 and the future of libraries and blog your thoughts.
Week 8: Online Applications & Tools
18. Take a look at some online productivity (word processing, spreadsheet) tools.
19. Take a look at LibraryThing and catalog some of your favorite books.
Week 9: Video
20. Discover YouTube and a few sites that allow users to upload and share videos.
Week 11: The Finish Line!
23. Summarize your thoughts about this program.