Week 11, #23 – Reflect!

Reflect! (Week 11, #23)

Please note that #23 is the same for beginner and advanced

Wow! Congratulations!! You’ve reached the 23rd thing. Be sure to give yourself a pat on the back for completing the program. 

For your last and final exercise for this program please reflect on your learning journey and post a few thoughts. Here are some questions to prompt you if you’re drawing a blank …

• What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
  • How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
  • Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
  • What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?And last but not least…
  • If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?

Be on the lookout for a post later in the week with a few more “things” for you to explore!

Congrats to you!

One Response to “Week 11, #23 – Reflect!”

1.   Jean Says:

I appreciate Helene Bowers for coming up with this idea and creating this exercise. I’m sure it was very labor and time intensive.

I have to admit to not being an early adopter of anything in my life. My parents got color TV and central air after I graduated college in 1982. I still don’t have a dishwasher or computer at home. I’ve never looked at Facebook, Myspace or any other site of that type; can’t think of a reason to. My friends are people I actually see in person, write letters and call on the phone. I have never read anyone’s blog. I seriously doubt if anyone will read this comment.

That being said, I realize that these web 2.0 “things” are probably not going away and I have to know something about them in a professional capacity even though many of them are filtered at school. As to implementing any of it as a teacher, I still don’t see the use of any of it as a learning tool. On a personal level, I sort of see the use of Flickr as a place to preserve irreplaceable photographs, but if I had time to scan them, I would use that time to organize them in albums instead.

Affect on lifelong learning goals? Knowledge for the sake of knowledge is not a bad thing, but again, none of this is of interest to me outside of my job. It’s nigh impossible to keep up with updating a web page once each semester, much less toying around with these 23 things when I should be reading more books for booktalks, planning research projects, ordering books, trying to keep up with technology work orders to IT, etc.